Friday, November 30, 2012

Boogie Down....

Hey Everyone,

With being a college student, classes and homework often take over my day to day activities. This makes it very hard for me to even think about venues, food, guests, dresses, etc. for the wedding. After looking at what little things I could continue to do all while not letting my grades slip, I found one thing that could do while working on homework and walking to class...MUSIC.


Music is in every way, a huge part of my life. When I am trying to concentrate on something (as crazy as it may sound) music is what helps me to do that. Now, I listen to music with intent. I have lists upon lists of songs that would be perfect for the wedding, but I am hesitant because not everyone's taste in music is the same as mine.

Whenever thinking about my big day, I have always wanted it to include dancing and a good time. I never wanted my guests to feel left out or bored. I plan on having a line on the invitation where I ask my guests to place one song that they would like to hear on my big day.

As a trial run, I would like to see what you guys would like to hear if you were attending a wedding; songs that are upbeat, evoke a sense of love and family, and keep everyone on their feet and dancing. A list of 3 to 5 would suffice and give me plenty of ideas.

If you can't think of any upbeat songs to keep the party going, what about first dance songs, father-daughter songs, and mother-son songs? These would help as I always change my mind on what song I want to use just about every day.

Thanks!!!
<3 LT

1 comment:

  1. I love music.

    I think anything you really hear on mainstream radio will keep the party going plus some classic wedding dance songs. I feel like that's the best route to go.

    But for father-daughter songs:
    Tim Mcgraw - My Little Girl makes me cry everytime I hear it

    And for the mother-son song:
    Backstreet Boys - The Perfect Fan. Kind of cheesy, but I love the lyrics and it's such a cute song in my opinion. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete