Friday, April 5, 2013

Why Not Try DIY?

So I have been looking at Pinterest--my escape from the mounds of homework piling up and the stress of finishing up an internship--and have found several new trends. One that I have become completely enthused with is this idea of saving money by DIYing. I've always been interested in this such as this, I mean my sister and her husband are all about DIYing, but I never thought I could apply this concept to the wedding themes. With that being said, my first is to DIY the Save the Dates. Dave the Date cards can get so expensive and it isn't even the main invite. Normally they get shoved in a drawer or placed in a folder, never to be seen again.

Here's where I'm going with this. Below is a picture of a Save the Date that I found on Pinterest. This is something that can be ordered, but my fiance and I have decided to tackle this challenge on our own and put that money toward  something else.


This Save the Date could very easily be made with a quick stop at Michael's or AC Moore. Any craft store will work. It basically made up of an engagement picture (which we have) printed on a piece of firm paper (Michael's) with writing. Thankfully I enjoy being creative and so does my sister. Then the little envelopes that the numbers come out of can be easily attached and spray painted the color of your choice and written on. Finally, the numbers can be cut out of construction paper and attached to a piece of string. Simple. Easy. Cost Effective.

So try some DIYing for your next event. Doesn't have to be a wedding and let me know what you think/what you DIY!

<3 LT

3 comments:

  1. I love Pinterest and DIYing myself, this is such a great idea for the save the dates..so cute !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! A wedding is so expensive, I read somewhere the average wedding cost close to 20,000 dollars! I love all of your DYI and tips on how to have a beautiful wedding on any budget!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting concept. I love it! These days, in this economy, planning a wedding can be overwhelming both mentally and financially. However, if you plan it the right way, you can definitely minimize cost. It is always better to do it yourself, or attempt to minimize cost by looking into cheaper alternatives than paying an arm and a leg to have it done professionally. At least, that is my mantra.

    ReplyDelete